Who we are
The European Strabismological Association (ESA) derives from the CESSD (Consilium Europaeum Strabismi Studio Deditum) founded in Paris in May 1962. The new association was founded during the Meeting held in Florence (Italy) on June 21st-23rd 1982 with the aim of opening the former CESSD to all persons who have a special interest in eye motility and disturbances of binocular vision.
- to disseminate knowledge of all sensory and motor aspects of strabismus and other disorders of ocular motility
- to disseminate knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- to foster clinical and experimental research
- to create as far as possible a common global terminology in spite of differences of language.
- The aims of E.S.A. are only and uniquely non-profit-ones. This means that E.S.A. promotes science and research and thus contributes a considerable amount to public health. E.S.A. does this by promoting the understanding of visual development and by promoting therapies for the treatment of disturbances of vision, particularly new therapies for treating misalignments of the eyes with or without decrease of visual acuity.
ESA AUTUMN WEBINARS VIDEOS
European Strabismological Association
Dear member ,
a new function has been added to our Website : FILES AND VIDEO SECTION.
Please LOG IN with your username and password , click PROFILE and enter the new VIDEO section.
The VIDEOS of all 3 very interesting ESA Autumn Webinars are now available .
Good Vision !!